Saturday, December 26, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

This is just a short blog to get me started...it is the day after Christmas, afterall, and I am exhausted. This is my weight loss/get fit blog and I will be using it to track my progress (or....hopefully not...lack thereof). My dear husband got me Wii Fit Plus fro Christmas and right away I opened it and set it up. After lots of instructions and body tests I found out that my BMI is 22 and my weight is 145. Right away, I discovered two things: 1) my scales in my bathroom are inaccurate and 2) I am back to my pre-baby weight! But....as all you mom's out there know...even if you get back to pre-baby weight, your body isn't quite the same anymore, and probably never will be. My trainer on Wii fit (I should name her....how about....I don't know...send me your suggestions) anyway....my trainer on wii fit suggested I lose 5 lbs. My goal is to lose 10 and to tone up some "trouble" areas. The wii also informed my that my Wii Fit Age is 44...because I obviously am weak and shaky. :(
Overall, I am not too disappointed in my results! I really just want to feel comfortable with my looks once again. Being a mom, a have very little time to myself and often go a few days without showering or even looking in the mirror, so when I do come across my reflection, I am not impressed. At All.

While I am at it, I guess I should just let this blog be a way for me to track all of my New Year's resolutions. So let me list them for you: As you can guess, the first one is what I just wrote 1) lose weight/tone. 2) Focus on watching less television. I have a 16m old daughter and I am afraid that she is starting to watch tv too much. I don't put her in front of the tv all day and expect it to entertain her, but I do like to have to the tv on for background noise. I don't mind if she watches Sesame Street and I have my few shows I like after she goes to bed, but I really should cut back on daytime television hours and do more educational activities. 3) Write more. I have been working on a book, I don't think it's all that fantastic or anything, but I do want to finish it just to say I did. Also, I am taking a creative writing class and I am not at all prepared for that! 4) Organize my house and keep it clean. My house isn't horrific by any means, just a little disorganized. I want to get it to the point that if a friend were to suddenly drop by, I wouldn't be completely embarrassed.

So I think that's it. I don't think any of them are unrealistic. But there they are. Of course, my main goal, and the one that I will be blogging on the most is losing weight! So until next time...Happy Holidays, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment