Wednesday, February 10, 2010

30 Day Shred

Happy Wednesday everyone!

So I finished the first draft of my story last night. It's only 9 pages and I would like to stretch it out a little longer, but I can work on that on my next draft....but it's done! I need to work out some rough patches and details but at least I have the basic story done, right? Hooray!
So I still have a lot to to do for homework, second draft of my story, finish my business card, finish all the reading I have to do...ugh. Maybe write a poem or two...Speaking of school...I would like to congratulate Nathalie for going back to school! It can be very difficult to go back to school after having a kid, I know firsthand! I hope I will also be sending Sarah some congratulations, soon, too!

So yesterday was kind of a light workout day and I didn't keep track of calories but I am pretty sure I stayed on track. The hardest part about making nutrition changes for me is counting calories, it takes up so much time!
I went out and bought that Jillian Michaels DVD yesterday! If you didn't know, Jillian Michaels is one the coaches on The Biggest Loser and she is TOUGH! The video is called 30 Day Shred and has 3 different workouts from beginner to advanced. She works in 6 minute increments, 3 minutes of Strength, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs. The video claims that you can lose up to 20 pounds in 30 days....but I am not going to put that to the test because I know it is tough and I don't think I can handle it! You can watch a few clips of this video here. I did the beginner 20 minute workout this past weekend with my MIL but I am excited to try it out alone. I loved this work out...and hated it. I could really feel it doing something...but I thought I was going to die. The best part of this was that you know it will end in 20 minutes! It is a very intense workout, but the individual workouts are relatively easy. Also, ladies...there are some great weight lifting exercises that will help perk up the "girls" haha! I definitely suggest this video, but be forewarned that it is very intense. I am planning on trying to do it every other day, doing the wii fit workout on the other days. Also...if you do buy this video, you will need some 2 or 3 pound weights. I like that I feel like I get a great workout in 20 minutes with this video but I feel like I only get a moderate workout in 45 minutes with the wii fit.
That's it for now! Hope to read some great blogs later today, as well as hear some good news from Sarah!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I wish you luck with the 30 Day Shred! I have tried it a couple of time and have wanted to die about 5 minutes in. Lol. I'm hoping to pick it up again when I'm in a little better shape. Kudos for you for giving it your all! :o)

    ReplyDelete