Thursday, February 4, 2010

Good afternoon!

I know I posted earlier but I just wanted to peek in and say how my day is going. So far I have stuck to the meal plan I posted earlier, the only thing I have changed was I decided to skip the miracle whip on my sandwich at lunch and instead had a handful of salt-free nuts after my workout. I think this was a better choice. I have heard that if you eat protein immediately after working out it helps build muscle and curb hunger. So today is my first day of my new 1233 calorie diet. I must admit...I am hungry! Dinner is in about an hour and a half and all I can think about is food. UGH....but I said I would give this a few weeks, so I am willing to try. I did get in a good workout in the afternoon but I couldn't get my morning jog in because people kept calling me. I will try to get in my evening jog but I have a heap of stuff to do tonight.

Here is my to-do list for the rest of the evening:
write two poems for my Creative Writing class
finish my report for class
begin at least one of my reading assignments
clean my house to prepare for Superbowl party
make a grocery list for party and go shopping
ten minute jog
15 min Yoga
Give daughter a bath (as well as play time)
Put daughter to bed
pack bags for our overnight stay in Iowa tomorrow

Yeah....I don't know if I can do ALL of that, and sorry to say but the workout will be the first thing to cut.

This weekend is going to be tough for me to get in a workout or follow my nutrition plan. At noon we are leaving for Iowa where we will spend the night at the MIL's house, where I am sure she will have a delicious meal planned. The next morning we will head to my sisters house for my nieces Birthday party. They are having taco's and of course, birthday cake. Then we will head home where I am sure we will get fast food for dinner. Then on Sunday is our Superbowl party. Only a couple people are coming over so I don't think I really should call it a party....but you know what I mean. I think I am going to make chili, a veggie tray and chips and dip. Sooo....YIKES. But I promise I will try to be good and I will report back on Sunday or Monday.

Have a great healthy weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. You can stay on plan, I have faith! Even if you can't just try to keep it low so that you won't feel as guilty. I mean it's better to have 1600 or 1800 than nearly 3000. (Which is easy with fast food!) I'm sure you can make smart choices no matter where you are, or just follow the "only eat half" rule ;) GOOD LUCK. I'm jealous you get to go to Iowa. *sniffle* I hope I can see you and Har in April. Lets hope!

    ReplyDelete