Thursday, February 4, 2010

Refresher Course

Good morning!

So last night I was thinking that one of the biggest reasons I am feeling discouraged is that I needed a reward for all my hard work and i wasn't seeing much change in my weight...which I realize is not realistic. So, last night I decided to reward myself with a brand new workout outfit. Something to make me excited to work out again. I decided that I need to reward myself for little things....such as losing 5 pounds or working out and sticking to nutrition for two weeks. So last night I bought some bright, happy, blue work out capri's and a matching t-shirt. YAY!

I also looked on Webmd to review my fitness and food plan. They said if I wanted to lose two pounds a week that my target calorie intake should be 1233. This seems so low to me, but as I said before I seemed to eat 1400-1500 naturally, without trying to, so maybe this is what I need to do because I didn't actually make changes in my diet before. So I am going to try to do it for a month and see how it goes...if I don't starve by then. LOL! WebMD also suggested burning 1000 calories a day, so I figured in about 750 and I am assuming I burn the rest through everyday stuff. So Below is my new and improved health plan. If you have any suggestions, let me know because I really want to do this the healthiest way. Also...today is the end of week 5! I am not even going to bother measuring myself this week...in fact I think from now on I am just going to post measurements on the 15th on the 1st of every month.

My Food and Fitness Plan

Breakfast

Cereal, Kix See Nutritional Information for this food.
110
Juice, orange pineapple, no pulp, w/calcium & vit D, 16 oz See Nutritional Information for this food.
130
Banana, fresh, lrg, 8" to 8 7/8" long See Nutritional Information for this food.
1/2
60
Subtotal 300
Lunch
Lunchmeat, turkey breast, mesquite, thin, svg See Nutritional Information for this food.
2
120
Bread, whole wheat, 100%, w/honey, slice See Nutritional Information for this food.
2
220
Dressing, Miracle Whip See Nutritional Information for this food.
1
45
Subtotal 385
Afternoon Snack
Cottage Cheese, fat free See Nutritional Information for this food.
1
80
Apples, fresh, sml, 2 3/4" See Nutritional Information for this food.
1
77
Subtotal 80
Dinner
Vegetarian Meat, burger, All American Classic See Nutritional Information for this food.
1
150
Buns, hamburger, lrg See Nutritional Information for this food.
1
133
Ketchup See Nutritional Information for this food.
1
15
Lettuce, bibb, fresh, leaf, med See Nutritional Information for this food.
1
0
Subtotal 298
Evening Snack
Frozen Yogurt, vanilla chocolate strawberry See Nutritional Information for this food.
1
140
Subtotal 140
Total Calories from Food 1203

conditioning, hatha yoga
10 min
28
running, jogging, general
10 min
78
conditioning, hatha yoga
20 min
56
running, jogging, general
10 min
78
conditioning, calisthenics, situps, moderate
20 min
78
home activities, cleaning, general
120 min
404
conditioning, aerobics, low impact
30 min
168
Subtotal 784
Total Calories From Fitness 784

1 comment:

  1. Rewarding yourself is a good way to keep you motivated.

    When ever I set a small goal that I need to achieve I set a dollar amount for it, example for everyday I drink 8 -8oz of water I will give myself a dollar. Then I put that money in a jar that I decorated with clothes that I want in the near future. This way when I reach my goal weight I have some spending money for my new wardrobe (=

    Your plan looks great! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete