Monday, April 26, 2010

Sorry guys,
I am not going to be posting real blogs right now. It turns out Harliegh and I did not just have allergies like I thought, but something much worse. I am assuming a terrible cold or the flu. Harliegh has had a fever since Saturday and last night it peaked at 104.5. It scared me to death but it was about 11pm and I didn't want to take her to the ER and expose her to worse things unless I absolutely had to. I called my sister, who is a nurse, and she told me to just keep giving her motrin and tylenol alternately and to watch her temp. It was a loooong night. Her temp, started to drop and I finally got her to go back to sleep around 12:30. Then she woke up again at 2am, when I stood and rocked her in my arms until about 3:30 when my husband came in and tried to take her, but she just wanted mommy. We took her for a ride in the car to calm her down and when we got back she finally went back to sleep....until 5:30. I took her into my room and put in Sesame street and I dozed for awhile, she actually fell asleep for a few minutes. At 7:30 we came out to the living room, I gave put her in her highchair and gave her some Motrin...which she then vomited everywhere. At this point I think I was pretty much covered with my daughter's snot, drool, sweat, pee and vomit. Nice way to start the day!

We are taking her to the dr. at 11. Hopefully they can help her. I have been lucky and at 20 months, she has only been sick twice before this ...and both times were mild colds with a low fever. This has been tough. I would do anything to take her illness away. It's heartbreaking!

I know this has nothing to do with my health and fitness, but this is more important. iw ill blog more when I am back on track.

3 comments:

  1. In case you are wondering( if any one even reads anymore) Harliegh has an ear infection...her first one ever :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about Harliegh!!

    I hope she's feeling better soon!! I'm sending my love and get well wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its terrible when they're sick like that. I know Emma has had a lot of really hard nights so I feel your pain. I hope she gets to feeling better soon, and you too! Try to get as much rest as you can, even if she has to sleep ON you. Every time Emma has ever been sick she will not sleep unless she's laying on my chest listening to my heart beat. It makes for a long night, but as long as they get their rest its all that matters.
    HUGS to you both.

    ReplyDelete