Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tuesday, Rainy Tuesday

Hello everyone,

I am in a pretty good mood today. I don't know why, it's rainy and overcast and my allergies are always horrible when it rains. But I am feeling pretty good.

So yesterday I browsed through the Biggest Loser for the Wii. I must say, I was pretty impressed. it SEEMS like a good program....but it does take a littlt while to get into it. This is to be expected though. i had to input all of my stats and my personal goals. Then after you do all this you have the option to pick your exercise level. Beginner, Intermediate, etc...I picked Beginner, but in hindsight I should have picked a higher level since I am used to working out. I only did the warm-up just to try it out and it was pretty easy. They let you customize your own work out or you can do one of there routines. I recognized some stuff from Jillian, too! The game also tells you your recommended calorie intake and you can track your calories, too.

So at first look...here is what I liked so far:

You can customize your workout.
There are levels! (this would be good to do before starting the Jillian DVD)
YOGA! WOOHOO
Calorie tracker
Pick your trainer: Jillian or Bob. I picked Bob and he seems so much nicer than Jillian!

Here is what I don't like:

Time consuming, I was on for 30 minutes but I only managed to do a 6 minute warm-up in that time!

That's about it so far.
I will let you know more about it as I try more!

I tried a new recipe last night and it was scrumptious! I LOVE fish but I am always nervous to cook it myself because I am scared of under or over cooking it. It seems so easy to mess up. But this recipe was perfect! And so healthy for you! I had it with brown rice and broccoli. YUM

Crispy Oven-Fried Fish
(from the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook)

Ingredients

  • 1 pound fresh or frozen skinless fish fillets, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup fine dry bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried dillweed
  • 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions

1. Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Cut into four serving-size pieces, if necessary. Measure thickness of fish; set aside. Place milk in a shallow dish. Place flour in another shallow dish. In a third shallow dish combine bread crumbs, cheese, dillweed, and pepper. Add melted butter; stir until combined.

2. Dip fish in milk; coat with flour. Dip again in milk, then in crumb mixture to coat all sides. Place fish on a greased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, in a 450 degree F oven for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork.

3. Makes 4 servings

Nutrition Facts

  • Calories 242,
  • Total Fat (g) 9,
  • Saturated Fat (g) 5,
  • Cholesterol (mg) 71,
  • Sodium (mg) 423,
  • Carbohydrate (g) 13,
  • Fiber (g) 1,
  • Protein (g) 24,
  • Vitamin C (DV%) 2,
  • Calcium (DV%) 14,
  • Iron (DV%) 8,
  • Starch (d.e.) 1,
  • Very Lean Meat (d.e.) 3,
  • Fat (d.e.) 1,
  • Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

1 comment:

  1. I love McDonalds fish, and thats the only fish I can really stand. I have tried a ton of other kinds, and it never tastes good to me. Perhaps Ill try this recipe. I love broccoli and rice too. :)

    As for the wii game, I may have to give it a shot. I can't believe you only did 6 minutes in the half hour you were on there. Maybe after the first go round its easier and faster? Keep us posted and let us know.

    Plus maybe you're happy because you let out all your negativity the other day, and now you feel like the rain is washing everything away so you can start anew. Did I just sound like a commercial? I think so.

    ReplyDelete