Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Hellooooooooooo Nurse (in true Animaniacs style)
I would like to start out this blog by giving a HUGE shout out to BROOKE. She has hit 100 pounds lost! Isn't that amazing? Go Brooke!

So far this week I have manage to do my Jillian workout and even went on TWO walks on Monday, it was rainy on Tuesday. Today I WAS going to skip my workout but I got inspired by both Brooke and Nathalie and their great blogs! I am so close to my goal and living a healthier lifestyle, no breaks for me! So in a minute I am going to eat breakfast, do my Jillian and take my daughter on a walk. Then maybe I will take a break...for an hour or so.

The reason I wanted a break day is because I have not been sleeping well at all. This is normal for me, I have never been a good sleeper, but lately I just toss and turn all night. It could be the time change that has thrown me off, who knows? I think I am going to get some tylenol pm and try that for a day or two. I need SLEEP. This morning, Harliegh woke up at 7:15 and I could not get up, I physically COULD NOT fully wake up. I had a dream THREE times that I woke up my husband and told him to get up. Finally realized I was dreaming and it wasn't real and woke up just enough to wake up Tyler and beg him to get up. He did, and let me sleep until 8:45 when he had to get ready for work. He's such a good hubby.

Of course, that extra sleep only resulted in me having scary nightmares about kidnappers and weird religious cults. But that's another story!

Have you checked out my writing blog? it's Bookwormquinn and I have no followers and have yet to get a comment, so show some love. I am trying to write more and need some encouragement. I am currently working on a Flash Fiction piece (less than 750 words) and it has proved to be a challenge....a lot harder than any short story. In fact, that is one thing that has been keeping me up at night!

So this hasn't really been about anything health related....no I take that back. I talked about sleep...and that has a LOT to do with health! I am also planning on trying a NEW recipe tonight so I will post the recipe. I am trying to get a recipe exchange together soon. I will keep you updated on that!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Wear your green....and eat some green!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, could it be your vitamins? I know that if I take the recommended 2 vitamins that the bottle tells me to take, I wake up too early and feel really jittery, so check that. Read the bottle to see if it has caffeine, or anything that's weird that could keep you from sleeping. Or try not taking them, and see how you sleep. BTW, you can take flintstones vitamins, and those are just as good (And chewable). Its something moms suggest to other moms if they can't afford prenatal vits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathalie,
    My vitamins do have caffeine, but it is the equivalent to less than one cup of coffee. I suppose since I drink no caffeine on a regular basis this could be affecting me that bad. Even though I do take my vitamin in the morning. And...I only take one. I think it is more that my mind stays busy. But I might try not taking them and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestions.

    ReplyDelete