Pasta Shells w/ Portobello Mushrooms and Asparagus in Boursin Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (5.2 ounce) package pepper Boursin cheese
- 3/4 pound uncooked pasta shells
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and heat the olive oil. Cut the mushroom caps in half, and slice 1/4 inch thick. Cook mushrooms in the skillet 8 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned. Season with salt. Stir in the chicken broth and Boursin cheese. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly, until well blended.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add shell pasta and cook for 5 minutes. Place the asparagus into the pot, and continue cooking 5 minutes, until the pasta is al dente and the asparagus is tender; drain. Toss with the mushroom sauce to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 380 | Total Fat: 16.6g | Cholesterol: 35mg
I got this recipe off of Allrecipes.com. Of course....I made some changes. First, I used the Light Garlic Boursin Cheese. I also sauteed onions and garlic with the mushrooms for some extra oomph! It was delicious. Even my husband loved it. And did you check out the calorie count? If you absolutely hate mushrooms you COULd replace it with chicken. But the mushrooms were AMAZING! And the boursin cheese is a little on the expensive side but I am sure you can replace it with some garlic cream cheese for a similar taste!