My dinner was soooo good! Here is the recipe!
- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds meaty chicken pieces (breast halves, thighs, and drumsticks)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3/4 cup bottled chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1. Skin chicken. Arrange chicken, bone side up, in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot oil over medium heat until tender but not brown. Stir in chili sauce, honey, soy sauce, mustard, horseradish, and crushed red pepper; heat through.
3. Turn chicken bone side down. Brush half of the sauce over the chicken. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F for breasts; 180 degrees F for thighs and drumsticks). Reheat remaining sauce; pass with the chicken. Makes 6 servings.
- Calories 244,
- Total Fat (g) 9,
- Saturated Fat (g) 2,
- Monounsaturated Fat (g) 3,
- Polyunsaturated Fat (g) 2,
- Cholesterol (mg) 77,
- Sodium (mg) 807,
- Carbohydrate (g) 15,
- Total Sugar (g) 9,
- Fiber (g) 2,
- Protein (g) 26,
- Vitamin A (DV%) 0,
- Vitamin C (DV%) 10,
- Calcium (DV%) 2,
- Iron (DV%) 8,
- Other Carbohydrates (d.e.) 1,
- Medium-fat Meat (d.e.) 3.5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
5 medium Potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup Fat-free ranch dressing
I looked it up on webmd and this is only 125 calories for 3/4 cup!
I also had half a corn on the cob with no butter, which is 60 calories.
Grand Total for my whole meal: 429
I think that is pretty decent!