Monday, January 18, 2010

I know this blog is mainly for getting healthy, but if you read my blog from the beginning you would also know that I had other goals I wanted to work on, too.
I am happy to say that it has officially been a whole week that I have kept my house clutter-free! I finally got around to cleaning my room last Sunday, and it is still clean! I have also kept the living room, bathroom and Harliegh's room nice and neat. I haven't gotten to de-clutterering the kitchen, that is this week's goal. It feels do nice to have the rest of the house nice and neat!

I also have been doing pretty good on my writing. Not that I have much choice,since I am taking Creative Writing and have to write a couple poems a week. I am not much of a poet, so it has certainly been a challenge. I have not had much time to work on my "book", which is really disappointing because I really have fun doing it and haven't worked on it for quite awhile.

This weekend was a bad weekend for me for losing weight. Saturday I was just having a very blah day, but I did do a short workout and stuck to my healthy eating habits. Sunday we traveled north to celebrate my husbands late family Christmas. This, of course, meant lots of typical holiday food, hm, turkey, gravy, potatoes, casseroles, salads, etc. Of course, I had to have a bite of everything, but I don't think I went overboard. I made a delicious fruit pizza, which is less than 235 calories a slice! I say "less-than" because I used neufchatel instead of cream cheese in the recipe, which is low-fat. Here is the recipe if you are interested:

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Fruit-Pizza

I am feeling pretty lazy once again today....I think Cabin Fever is starting to set in and I am just sick of being stuck inside! I can't wait for it to warm up so I can go on walks down to the lake and (maybe) start running. Since I had such a busy day yesterday I am going to compromise and be happy if I get in at least one decent workout. But who knows, maybe after that workout I will feel more energized. I have my eye on a couple cute dresses that I refuse to buy until I lose the weight I want to lose, so that is my incentive.

Hope you guys all have a wonderful, healthy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment