Well, I am back, as promised...to post the recipe.
It was very good, and I think if you added soem black beans it would make a phenomenal vegetarian dish (look what you started Nathalie!).
Here is the picture of my dinner. The steak was great,and I limited myself to only five strips!
Here is the recipe for Spanish Rice, the only thing I changed is that I used brown rice to make it healthier. I also posted the nutritional facts!
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 28-ounce can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chile peppers, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Several dashes bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
1. In a large skillet cook onion, sweet pepper, and garlic in hot oil until tender. Add chili powder; cook 1 minute more. Stir in undrained tomatoes, water, rice, chile peppers, salt, pepper, and, if desired, several dashes hot pepper sauce. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. If desired, sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
2. Makes about 5 cups (6 to 8 side-dish servings)
- Calories 144,
- Total Fat (g) 3,
- Saturated Fat (g) 0,
- Cholesterol (mg) 0,
- Sodium (mg) 353,
- Carbohydrate (g) 27,
- Fiber (g) 2,
- Protein (g) 4,
- Vitamin A (DV%) 0,
- Vitamin C (DV%) 59,
- Calcium (DV%) 8,
- Iron (DV%) 11,
- Starch (d.e.) 1.5,
- Fat (d.e.) .5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Now, I should probably work on my homework since I have been pushing that to the back burner the past few days!