Monday, January 4, 2010

Dance, Dance

Hello loyal blog readers!

I know there are at least two of ya! How are you doing today? I did not sleep well last night, I have never been a great sleeper anyway, but then the baby got up an hour and a half earlier than usual...ugh! So right away I was already tired and planning to be lazy all day. I ate a half a banana, a small bowl of life cereal and a half a glass of oj. Then sat on the couch :(
After about an hour I felt guilty so as Harliegh colored a picture in her highchair I got off my butt and did a vigorous 30 min workout and I even got a shower in before my dear husband got up to go to work. (Note: My daughter was playing in the hallway and I had the bathroom door open...in case you were wondering how I managed that, lol). So....because I got my workoutin, I rationalized that I could take a nap when Harliegh took her nap. It was a great nap, too!

So, I weigh myself everyday on the wii and my weight has been decreasing a tiny bit everyday. The Wii Fit ever so nicely informed me that I need to up my game if I want to reach my goal in 6 weeks. Sigh....oh well....I am satisfied that I have decreased in weight for the past 4 days or so, it's a start right?

I have come up with a new crazy idea to add some extra workout and fun into my life. I got the idea from this video...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvljD0toJmU
When I watched this I just wanted to get up and dance. I love dancing...okay, I love jumping around crazily and calling it "dance". So I think I am going to spend a while each morning dancing to some happy, energetic music. Have you ever managed to dance and stay angry, sad or down? It's not possible. Dancing makes you happy! I figured I could fit this in between 11 and 12:30. It will be a fun thing for me and Harliegh to do, maybe we will only dance for 10 min or 15 min...but I am hoping it will help motivate me and brighten my mood for the day. I just looked it up...did you know in 15 minutes you can burn 75 calories dancing? Awesome.

Here is my food for the day:

Banana: 52 cal
Life Cereal (1 cup):149
2% Milk: 138
Orange Juice:55

Fat-Free Vanilla Pudding: 80

Goulash: 300

Fun-size Butterfinger: 83
Fun size 100 Grand:98

salad: 100
mac and cheese (1 cup) 100
mini corndogs: 250 (WHAT?!?!)

fat-Free Popcorn: 40

TOTAL: 1445

I am still hitting my calorie goal, or getting close but I need to work on making healthier choices to reach that goal! UGH!!

So....overall,not a bad day! I am going to try to get to bed earlier ...maybe I will have more energy tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment